Welcome to the
WorkerPod.com specializes in bringing togethers jobs for tech professionals in one place. This blog features interviews, ideas and insights from the industry.
Being a successful leader today requires a much higher level of ‘people skills’ than ever before. Social media, online collaboration tools, and the age of transparency have made it vital leaders leverage a high level of emotional intelligence in order to be perceived as someone employees can trust and respect. Emotionally intelligent leaders share five qualities:
- Non-defensive and open in their communications.
- Aware of their emotions and how they affect their communication style.
- Sensitive to the emotions of their staff when communicating.
- Available to those that report to them.
- Able to put aside ego and encourage others to shine.
That said, having the qualities listed above doesn’t guarantee success as a leader. Nowadays, leaders also have to know how to ensure their personal brand as a leader is being showcased properly. Leaders have approval ratings, both formal and informal. Which leads to the question: What can a leader do to increase their approval rating?