The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR), the largest trade association in the nation, is seeking a talented, hard-working Oracle Application Developer to join our Information Technology team.
The successful candidate will have 3 – 5 years of experience and apply communication, analysis, problem-solving, business knowledge and technical skills to design, develop, test, and maintain quality solutions.
- Develop new applications and enhancements to existing applications, including creating all necessary database objects, scheduled jobs and deployment and monitoring scripts.
- Work with customers to gather and document needs, objectives, desired features and business workflow, input and output requirements.
- Maintain existing Oracle applications, bash scripts, and schedule data processing jobs.
Monitor error notifications and resolve issues.
Perform scheduled maintenance tasks related to application stability, performance and security, up to database upgrade and migration.
- Review all requests for data extracts.
Meet with requesters to clarify requirements, answer questions, and determine the best source of for the data.
Develop mechanisms to extract data and output it in the necessary format.
- Develop, maintain, document and report techniques and standards for integrating data across various database platforms and operating environments from both internal and external sources.
- Document procedures, processes and other aspects of application and database design, support, maintenance and troubleshooting steps.
- 3 - 5 years of related experience (Oracle DBMS)
- Knowledge of software development standards and best practice approaches
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to listen, ask questions for clarification, and document
Ability to forge productive relationships with Association staff at all levels
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Willingness and ability to handle on-call responsibility to respond to outages and after-hours / weekend work for upgrades that would otherwise disrupt the business.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Results-driven, team-oriented environment
- Opportunity for professional development and growth
- Organizational culture that values and encourages excellence, respect, trust and creativity
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive salary
- A market-leading benefits package, including 2 retirement plans, forgivable loans for first-time home buyers, generous medical, dental, and vision coverage (with extremely competitive employee contribution levels), and a Flex Benefits plan that allows employees to purchase additional vacation days.
- Convenient North Michigan Avenue location
- Stable organization that provides potential for long-term career growth
The National Association of REALTORS® operates with one goal in mind: to help our more than 1 million members become more profitable and successful.
We believe that building a strong team is the only way to accomplish this goal.
Our most successful employees embody our core values of excellence, respect, trust and creativity and are committed to:
- Thinking in unique and independent ways
- Helping others to think for themselves
- Helping others to grow and develop
Stable organization that provides potential for long-term career growth
National Association of REALTORS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
No phone calls, please.