Headquarters: Toronto, Canada
Unhaggle is currently the #1 web portal in Canada for new car buying.
The data we provide powers our own tools and products, including our flagship consumer car buying service at Unhaggle.com and leading automotive portals including Yahoo Autos, MSN Autos, Autofocus, AutoGuide, Globe Drive, and others.
We have also recently partnered with auto makers to launch a large eCommerce platform allowing the complete purchase of new cars online.We are looking for Senior Front-end Developers with experience in web application development.
This is a full-time remote position, we accept applications from anywhere in the world.We use GitHub to manage tasks and code reviews as well as tools/services like Travis-CI, Docker, New Relic, Sentry, Browserstack, Stripe, Twilio, Solr and Redis.
Our dev team is regularly connected in Slack for communication.
We are constantly seeking the best tools available for our development team.You will be primarily involved in the following projects/areas:
* Our new eCommerce platform for new car buying, serving major car brands
* Our web portal unhaggle.com
* A web portal for our partner Kiijiji (eBay Canada): http://kijiji.unhaggle.com/
* An internal and innovative SaaS web application we built for industry clients
* Widgets we built for third-party integration, they run in some of the most popular auto websites in Canada.
* We take quality seriously and you should expect to be involved in well written code bases following industry standards and good software engineering practices.Requirements:
Hands on experience with jQuery is a big plus
* Proficient and hands on experience with responsive web sites, including the Bootstrap library.
* You care about writing semantic well formed code and paying attention to standards and good practices.
* Experience using version control software, Git is a plus.
* Track record of delivering completed projects, preferably web-based.
* Easy-going personality.
You will actively participate in design discussions and code review.Bonus:
* Some experience with Linux is a big plus.
We use Ubuntu server.
* Some experience with Python and/or experience with Django would be a big plus.We are helping consumers to get the best price on new cars in Canada and changing the industry along the way.
Working at Unhaggle brings unique challenges, you will have the opportunity to leave a large footprint and have real impact in the product we ship every day to our customers.No relocation available, we are a distributed team.Please submit resume and cover letter to [email protected]
To apply: Please submit resume and cover letter to [email protected]